Monday, April 30, 2012

Makeup Monday: Long Wearing Lipsticks

Long wearing lipsticks can be a life changer for the better or worse. And I have tried both types. When I worked in fast food, i would never have the chance to touch up my lipstick, so I usually would just wear chapstick. But then I discovered that long wear lip products can actually be true to what they say they do! Over the past two years, I have tried them all! Cheap and expensive ones. Here's what I have found to be the best:

L'oreal Infalliable Lipcolor in Thistle



  • this specific colour is one I can wear anywhere, it basically is an enhancement of my natural lip colour
  • retails at about 11$
  • there are tons of shades to choose from
  • it lasts about 9-10 hours
  • it can survive eating, drinking out of a cup/straw/bottle
  • can survive through long hours of talking
  • a tip to keep it on longer is to apply the conditioning balm at least every hour
  • after about 5 hours, you can feel it chaping on the inside of your lips, this is when you could either reapply it, or leave it, either way it will still last for another 4-5 hours
MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Prolong (clever name huh?)


  • this colour is the perfect red
  • it dries really quickly though, so if you mess up, it's hard to fix (as seen in this photo)
  • it doesn't dry out your lips
  • it stays put through eating and drinking anything
  • doesn't crust or chap in the middle
  • retails at 20$
  • one of my favourite lip products ever
Maybelline Super Stay 24hr Color in Continuous Coral 




  • I love this shade for spring!!
  • it withstands eating fine
  • there is a bit of wearing when you drink out of a bottle (in my case a Pepsi bottle, and it started to flake around 4hrs)
  • DO NOT WEAR THIS FOR 24 HOURS!! (well never wear any makeup for 24 hours, ew, just ew)
  • retails at about 8$
  • a tip to keep it on longer is to moisturize your lips prior so the product clings to it better
  • it is easy to fix any mistakes if you mess up
Also, before I put these on, I like to use a lip scrub. They can be a pain to get off as well, so using one when you want to take it off is strongly suggested too. 



I like this one from Bath and Body Works. It's only like 7$, and it smells and tastes like candy! It works wonders on my lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment