Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Must Have Makeup v.1.0

There are a few items in my collection, and a few that I am yet to buy that would be great for anyone to have in their kit--pro to amateur. Every item is 50$ and under. I'll probably do this more then once, and maybe different versions. This version though, is for anyone who wears makeup. And I won't be including brushes because I soon will be doing a separate post on that. So this is just a list of great rodents to have! Enjoy!

1. Urban Decay's Primer Potion, the original one. I have gone through at least 4 tubes of these, I love them so much! So basically, you apply a small amount all over your eyelids, and then you apply your shadow. It makes sure your shadow stays put all day long, and doesn't crease. It also allows your shadow to be more vibrant.



2. Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner, in Midnight Master. This eyeliner is the blackest drugstore eyeliner I've tried. It smudges, and it's creamy, which is good because that's exactly why I love it. I use it on the top eyelid and smudge it out to make a softer winged cate eye look, I then set it with a shadow. You can buy it at any drugstore. Oh, I also love how it's a twisty liner, you don't need to worry about carrying a sharpener.



3. Makeup Forever Translucent Setting Powder, I just purchased this earlier this month, and guuuuuuuurlz, y'all have to check this out! When you set your foundation, your skin will feel like silk, no joke. I just apply it with a kabuki brush all one my face. Even if you aren't airbrushing your skin, this powder makes any foundation look a little bit like it's airbrushed. Available at Sephora.



4. Urban Decay Naked Palette, the first edition. I looove this palette, I use it almost everyday! It's all neutral colours, which works for everyone, with every skin tone. The only bad thing about it is that pretty much all the colours are shimmery, I believe there are 2 or 3 that are matte. But it works because I find that shimmery colours look better with neutrals. It's 50$, and comes with an eyeshadow brush and a mini travel size primer potion. Available at Sephora.


5. MAC Myth, and Ruby Woo. Though these are not colours I own (I actually ordered Myth today!) I use another red one from mac, but it's discontinued. I have tried them both on in the store, and they really are two staple colours anyone needs in their collection. Myth is described as a "pale muted peachy beige" and it's a satin (which are my favourites from mac). Its a perfect nude colour for everyday wear. Ruby woo is described as a "vivd brightly coral red" and it really is the perfect red colour. It is a matte, so it can be a little drying, but lipgloss will fix that.



Those are just 5 of many products! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment